I wrote a more detailed article in IndieMade's Resource Section, but make social media work for your indie business boils down to these 10 steps:
- Surrender. Social media is the media of today.
- Ask yourself what you want to achieve through using social media.
- Sign up to Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn and listen for a while.
- Figure out what's missing in the social conversation.
- Get yourself a domain name and a professional website if you haven't already.
- Create unique content on your website's blog.
- Become a "one stop" resource on a niche topic.
- Share yourself authentically on social media, minding everyone is listening.
- Use smart, time saving strategies.
- Experience growth.
for more information, please check out my article on How to Use Social Media.