IndieMade hires professional writers as independent consultants to write about indie business topics.
Each writer will provide "Content" (article, blog post, video, screencast or a combination of these) regarding marketing creative businesses and artists, the business side of the creative business or arts business topics, events and people. Please use LOTS of images. Images are key!
IndieMade purchases the original content (words, images, video, sound, etc.) and copyright from our writers. Your writing is considered a "work-for-hire." Your content cannot be reused by you or anyone else in any form. Credited images are not included in purchase.
Getting Started Checklist
|Send along a short biography (1 - 2 short paragraphs) and at least a 200 x 200 pixel picture for profile.|
|Once a link to the internal writers website, please select an article topic from the list of "content needed" list, all information must be included.|
|Once complete, send in article to firstname.lastname@example.org and submit to the writers website. We may ask for one round of revisions, but otherwise, we will post on your behalf. If you have any questions, just shoot us an email.|
***with external links, please ask for a reciprocal link back to your blog post. (Ask subject of content to also link back to your article)***
Please submit fact-checked, original content.
Don't get too clever with your wording. You are also writing for MACHINES. Search engines won't get the joke. Think about your audience when you write and how they might search for such an article.
Please credit all images appropriately. We prefer the use of original images, but accept credited images to accompany written content. A properly credited image is either an image:
(a) owned by the contributor,
(b) used with permission of the copyright owner; or
(c) an image that is in the public domain or licensed under creative commons for commercial attribution. Feel free to do a Google image search for images that have been labeled for reuse or check out http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page.
Do not indent your paragraphs. Please use only one space between sentences. Please see other blog posts for styles.
Post title is H1, H2 may be used for section headers. Use double spaces between sections only.
Citing Resources Include a list of any resources you used, including books, magazine articles, and web sites. This list will be used to cross-check your article, if needed, and may be included at the end of your piece as a “For further reading...” guide.
MOST IMPORTANTLY - Sharing
Questions? We love to answer questions. Email us!
- Send invoice (with date, invoice number, title of article) to IndieMade Editor email@example.com with a copy of article in email body, high resolution pics/video attached or uploaded to www.dropbox.com, Google Drive or uploaded to internal writers site.
- IndieMade pays writers by check or by PayPal according to the current published IndieMade Content Rate Card within 30 days of receiving a writer's invoice.
- Writers should either select an article on the writers website or pitch a story to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IndieMade will create a Contributor Profile for you on IndieMade.com.
- Writers will be credited for each piece of content published on IndieMade.com.
- IndieMade.com will link to writer's profile on IndieMade.com
Effective date: June 10, 2014