Facebook is a great and free way to reach millions of people and tell them about your shop or blog. The number of Facebook users is always growing, and growing and you shouldn’t pass up an opportunity to reach such a large number of customers.
Creating a Facebook fan page is a great way to get the word out. This should be something separate from your personal Facebook page. It’s still nice to keep things a little personal on your fan page, but you shouldn’t write wall posts about your cats or nephew everyday.
Here's how to get your business on Facebook, in a few easy steps:
- Scroll down to the bottom of your Facebook page once you are logged into your personal count.
- Select “Advertising” on the bottom right
- There will be three columns, select the middle one, “Deepen Your Relationships”
- Select “Facebook Page”
- At the top right, click on the green button “Create a Page”
- Now, you will want to create a page for an artist (or business)
- Select the kind of artist you are, in a crafter's case, this could be "visual"
- Make sure to affirm that you are the "official representative" for creating this page
- Upload photos of your work
- Write out your bio
- Post links to your shop and blog
Once you’ve gone through the process of how to get your business on Facebook, and uploaded as many things as you would like, it's time to start advertising your Facebook page. You can send out an email or click the “share” button and let all of your friends and family know that you have created a separate business page that they can fan and spread the word about. You can write about a new blog post, where you will be at upcoming craft shows, and even post links to the stores that sell your goods.
How To Build an Artist Website
Sign up for our newsletter and get the book How to Build an Artist Website for free!
When advertising your Facebook page, you can also give incentives to potential customers for becoming a fan. You can give fans early warning, via your Facebook page, when something will be going on sale in your shop so that they can nab it before anyone else You can give them a special discount code to enter in at check out for becoming a fan. Think about ways that you can make it more worth their while to be a fan of you on Facebook. Get creative; people are always looking for a good deal, giveaways, or contests.
Utilizing all of the free services out there will free up money in your budget and allow you to focus on making fantastic products. Creating a Facebook fan page is probably one of the simplest ways to spread the word about your business without spending a dime! You’re reaching way more people than a print ad could and, by giving special incentives, you can begin amassing a large customer base.