Using Discounts, you can create deals on products of your choice. You are able to specify the timeframe in which the discount will start and expire for limited time deals.
Navigate to Store > Discounts to manage your discounts.
This page shows all of your discounts, including the description and a summary of the discount's details. Click on edit to modify the discount, click on delete to delete the discount.
Creating and Editing Discounts
Adding a new discount, and editing discounts both use the screen pictured below:
The first section is where you can set the discounts name, description, and activation time frame.
If you do not wish for the discount to be active until a certain point, check the "Discount activates" box. You will now be able to set the date and time at which the product activates. If you wish for the the discount to expire after a certain point, check the "Discount expires" box and enter the date and time.
Otherwise, you may simply check "Is active" if you wish to have your discount permanantly active. If an activation and/or expiration date is set, "Is active" will not apply the discount if it is before the activation date, or after an expiration date.
Discount conditions allow you to set under what conditions the discount applies.
There are two condition types to choose from:
- Minimum Price, which means the order needs to be over a certain price for the discount to apply(e.g. 20% off on orders of $100)
- Minimum Quantity, which means the order needs over the given amount of products for the discount to apply(e.g. buy 1 get 1 free)
When using minimum quantity, you will want to include the amount of free products received in the minimum amount. For example, if your deal is buy 2 get 1 free, you will want the minimum amount of products to be 3.
Under the Discount Application tab is where you set the type and amount of the discount, as well as which item(s) it affects.
There are 5 different discount types:
- A Percentage off Discount, which decreases the price of the qualifying items by a percentage (e.g. "0.25% off", which is equivalent to 25%)
- A Percentage off per qualifying item Discount, which decreases the total cost of the purchase by a percentage for each qualifying item(e.g. "0.25% off", which is equivalent to 25%)
- A Fixed Amount off Discount, which decreases the price of the qualifying items by a percentage (e.g. "$10 off")
- A Fixed Amount off per qualifying item Discount, which decreases the total cost of the purchase by a amount for each qualifying item(e.g. "$10 off")
- A Free Item Discount, which makes each qualifying item free.
Below that, you can choose which products are discounted. There are 2 filter types:
- Filter by Products, which allows you to pick specific products to discount
- Filter by Categories, which allows you to pick categories that recieve the discount
You can hold ctrl(command on Mac) to select multiple products or categories. Once you are done creating your discount, hit the Submit button